Saturday 19 October 2013

IT COULD WORK!!!


It is true.

People living in small towns or villages are spoiled. It is easy to reach everything. And, even though we always complain, we are not wasting so much time commuting.

India is the maximum exemple of this. Time is not measured in minutes. It is measured in hours. Whichever distance you have to cover in a big town, regardless is 8am or 11pm, will take hours. One two three... Nobody knows.

Unfortunately, this is also happening in Europe. My last trip to Paris was a good example. 6km. I can run 6km in less than 30min.

But I was well equipped. A VW golf, a good navi system, traffic control to suggest the best routes to reach the goal. 6,5km.

Departure time 18.00.

Go.......

I have been given thousands of info, of suggestions that I have followed precisely. 6,5km. C'mon.

And looking around me there were hundreds (probably thousands) of cars going moving like in rails. 20km/h. Stop. Change line. 20km/h. Stop.

I reached the goal at 19.10.

1hour and 10 min. If I'd run I could have taken also a shower.
 
Yes the result was very nice (not so much the food) but it needed some energy.
 
 

In a scarcity society (that is a concept that should be well developed), TIME is today one of the most important resources.
How many of you are not able to do something "because I do not have time". How many are staying in the office longer because time is never enough?
This will probably need a post on its own. There are hundreds of "time thieves" every day. We need to properly use our time.
 
Is it queing in a motorway the right way?
Is it good to waste liters of fuel and hours of life in your car, maybe alone, talking with your hands free device?

Accepting this means that we do not realize how important is to reduce the energy consumptions and maximize our efficiency.

I am not commenting the SUVs stuck in the traffic or the big engines car that were slower than myself running. I was impressed though when I read that the average speed for a car during its life is around 50km/h and I was wondering about the real need of these. But this is part of the personal happiness and there are some nice muscled cars that I would like to drive.

I am commenting the huge waste of energy and of resources that are burnt every working day queing and doing nothing. Human energy, fossil energy, mental energy.
 
Not renewable energies

This is probably not sustainable for very long time. Probably it is not sustainable already. We need to start thinking about how to be more efficient.
Starting from everybody's house . It is probably the simplest thing. And is does not mean to live like into a monastry. I think that technology today must be used to improve the efficiency of your life and of things around your life.

- Insulation

- clever use of energy

- use of heat pumps and Photovoltaics/Thermal solar

are some of the possibilities we have to reduce our CO2 impact. And have a modern, confortable and long lasting home whose value will be high for long time.

Are these too expensive? Is it something only Rich people can afford?

Well no. If we properly value the time and the energy that we are daily wasting.

We must start doing something before it is too late.
 
Technology is available. Knowledge as well.
 
 

 

Now it is up to everybody to suggest how to make it.

That is all for today. Maybe I have been slightly negative. But I was "kidnapped" in an airport for 8 hours after having been trapped in the traffic.



Far too much for a mountain guy. Looking forward arriving to his small and quiet village among the mountains.

I would appreciate you input this time.

What can we do to make our life less "energy eater"?

Have a nice week end

No comments:

Post a Comment