Saturday 31 January 2015

Words like violence Break the silence

I finally have restarted running.
The last months have been quite strange as different types of problems kept me away from some of the things I like to do.

But now... new year, new life or, making more sense, better life.

Following some of my friends, the real ones that you always realize you meet too little, I found very nice places where to run. Quite hard to reach, on top of hills, but really nice and most of all, quite close to my place.

Running though is a hard stuff. If you stop, even three  weeks, it will take three months to come back to the point where you were.
And, unfortunately, that was the case.
I was running uphill, huffing and puffing, looking down as I was scared of what was still to come.

Motivation, resilience and all the good words I wrote about in this Blog during the last months were hammered down by a miserable form and too many happy dinners during Christmas holidays.

Then I suddenly stopped. Still breathing hard and looking down.
BPM were quite above 160... too much to keep for a long time in such a bad condition.
Slowly I went down to normal and I could look around. And...




This is what I saw. This is what I could have enjoyed if I only had used my forces wisely and not, as usual, trying to go faster.
Immediately the "COMPETIVE" approach was replaced by the "MEDITATIVE" one.
Is it always necessary to compete, to show yourself and everybody your muscles and letting other great and important things pass?

I decided then... for a while I will run looking around and enjoying what's around me. I will meditate and not always compete.

Going at the speed that you can keep is the only way we have to do the right things in the right time.

Always, while running and while working. To really see what's around, listen and act with some more facts in front of me.

At least until I will be back to a decent level.

As a new king around his realm.

Enjoy...



No comments:

Post a Comment